The Alpha Rho chapter of Delta Delta Delta established itself as the sixth national sorority at the University of Georgia on March 2nd and 3rd, 1934. Originally known as the Delta Club, the Alpha Rho chapter was founded by Louise Starr from Charleston, SC. The original members were Lavina Maynard, Dorothy Green, Wilma Cleveland, Elizabeth Thompson and Anne Smith. After much hard work the girls participated in their first recruitment and official initiation of 17 new members on February 5, 1935. Since that time, Alpha Rho has continued to grow and we anxiously await exciting times to come at the University of Georgia.